Friday, August 05, 2005

Wisdom teeth really suck...

I had so much planned for this blog this evening... However, one of my motherf!@#$% wisdom teeth decided to give me some problems. This hurts like bloody hell! Why has human evolution not phased these out by now (along with the appendix)? Is it to keep oral surgeons in business?! To summarize, my mouth is fucked up at the moment, it being especially bad timing since I'm still going through my nicotine withdrawal from quitting smoking (and I'm constantly chewing on gum or something). Like Gloria Gaynor says though, "I will survive"...

Here are a few things I found interesting lately:

Does anbody watch the US version of Big Brother on TV? I don't... however, if it were more like its British counterpart I definitely would! One girl on the US show is from Minnesota... you can read her stellar resume/wrap-sheet here. Plastic surgery, anyone?!

Liam will be Liam!

George Orwell would be shocked, and I'd have to agree.

Coldplay opened their US tour tonight in Hartford, CT. You can read a review (courtesy of Rock Snob) of their "North American" opening show in Toronto, 8/2/05, here. Sounds like they are still great live and maybe even better than Keane?!...

Pitchfork previews the new Franz Ferdinand album. Hopefully it won't be a sophomore slump... I have high hopes for these guys...

"What men say is often not what they mean...". No shit, huh?! Required reading for all the ladies!

I haven't heard this term before today: "Blog Depression". Kind of interesting... luckily I haven't suffered from this yet. I have way too many other issues I'm suffering from already!

One of TV's funniest new shows looks like it's done... "Chappelle's Show is over". I really wonder what happened to Dave...

In case you missed the Kings of Leon, Secret Machines gig last week... you can stream a live performance on 8/11/05 on NPR (in addition to other great performances).

Hacking Elevators 101! Kinda' cool...

Since I'm totally running behind on my 2005 Summer mix CD... I found this website. If I'd spend less time surfing the web, and more on burning music, the mix would probably be done by now...

Another new music festival in the US. NYC hosts "Across the Pond", 10/1 - 10/2/05.

Filter Magazine published the lastest "British Accents Newsletter" on 8/1/05.

You can download Stellastarr*'s new mp3 "Sweet Troubled Soul" here, courtesy of Scenestars. These guys are skipping Minneaplis on their current tour...

This was on a few sites today: "Cliffs Notes: R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet", by Dr. David Thorpe. If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend you check it out... absolutely hilirious, trust me...

The Hold Steady is getting big, yet you can still track them down fairly easy in NYC.

Local band Melodious Owl's new record may be cool according to this... Also, see upcoming local shows for their upcoming gig...

Courtesy of the Modern Age you can download a live performance by Jack White and Bob Dylan of "Ball and Biscuit" (mp3).

I'm off to go take some more painkillers and then I'm hitting the rack! I have lots of visitors in town this weekend, so no more posts this week. Back on Monday however..., have a great weekend!

No comments: