- Nina showed me the horse-stable/ranch "Weidehof Reitlingstal" where she spends a lot of time. I haven't been near, or on a horse, in ages. Needless to say I had a great time.
- I did some sight-seing and window shopping downtown. I think I walked in a circle in the "pedestrian" area of town and passed some of the same spots at least three times. Ice cream parlors are everywhere here. So are Döner (Gyro) restaurants.
- I went to the "Oker Cabana" beach bar with Jan. Kinda' cool, right on the river, and definitely very relaxing...
- We also hit some other "Kneipen" (bars) in the "Magni" quarter. I DJ'd at one of them ;)
- Today Jan showed my the "Wilsche Airfield" where he flies glider planes. I even got to sit in one of them...
Speaking of close headquarters... so is Jägermeister. Right across the corner in Wolfenbüttel.
That's the very short version of what I've been up to. Jan and Nina have been such great hosts. Below are some pictures, lots more are on Flickr.
Wedding celebrations kick off tomorrow so I should probably get some sleep. Hope all is well in the US and the rest of the world. I see my boys won the Mercury Prize... Nice.
(Nina's Maid of Honor, Frauke, training a horse "Roman")
(I wanna' be a Cowboy!)
(Nina with horse "Hessel")
(A lot of people like to bike in Braunschweig.)
(One of the central squares in the city.)
(Jan and I hanging out at "Strand Bar" in Oker Cobana.)
(DJ Rock 'n' Roll Star is in da house!)
(Myself and Nina outside at a "Kneipe")
(Jan and Nina)
(Meeting the locals... the female variety, that is.)
(Sitting inside one of the glider planes)