Thursday, November 02, 2006

Random



Ahhh, it's actually kind of nice to take a break from live-music events for a little while and try to live a somewhat "normal" life. If that's possible for me. October was pretty exhausting... So, today just a few random things:

> Did anybody check out the BBC Electric Proms festival online last week? It went down 10/25/06 - 10/29/06 in London, England, and featured some performances by The Good, The Bad & The Queen (Damon Albarn's new project), The Who, Raconteurs, Kasabian, and many others. You can still stream most of these full performances online. BBC is taking them down ASAP though, so check them out while you can! Raconteurs cover John Peel's fave "Teenage Kicks", need is say more? C also has some downloadable mp3s of The Good, The Bad & The Queen's performance... head on over.

> Since I mentioned Damon I better mention this: Oasis's Noel Gallagher on AOL's The Interface. The acoustic tunes are good, but the interview after is the best part...

> On the topic of Oasis: New videos: "Acquiesce" and "The Masterplan" from their upcoming greatest hits album Stop The Clocks. I'm sure they love Coldplay very much, right?! Also, check out the trailer for their new road-movie called "Lord Don't Slow Me Down".

> The Hold Steady / Sean Na Na recent gig in Boston was very entertaining (do read the full recap and watch the video). Sounds like your basic everyday Libertines / Babyshambles gig to me ;)

> The Sounds - "Painted By Numbers" new video. As Borat would say... "I like, sexytime!"

> What do you think for tonight: Placebo / She Wants Revenge @ Fine Line Music Cafe OR Heartless Bastards @ 400 Bar?. Tough... maybe I should catch Cut Chemist at Foundation? I really don't like She Wants Revenge. Ideas, suggestions appreciated...

> The new Birdman / Lil Wayne CD "Like Father, Like Son" rocks. It's refreshing to hear a hip-hop CD that's not all about the bling, hoes, and chronic for a change ;)

> On the topic of indie hip-hop: Idolator has new mp3s by Ghostface and Nas.

> Since MySpace has been pissing me off a lot lately... Perhaps it's time to switch to ReverbNation?

> Lastly, since I saw Pet Shops Boys last week... Depeche Mode (who I absolutely love) is coming out with a new best-of-collection CD/DVD (I swear everybody is around the holiday shopping season) called The Best Of Volume 1. It features one new track called "Martyr" and here's the video:

WM Lo / Med / Hi
QT Lo / Med / Hi
YouTube

And here's the 1980-2006 documentary on the DVD (30 minutes):

WM Lo / Med / Hi
QT Lo / Med / Hi

> Grime at No.1 on TRL? Awesome... let the indie-backlash begin. I still love 'er. Your female version of Eminem right here (she'll be huge this year), S-O-V:


I should go now... employment would be good at some point. Have a great Thursday.

- Steve

P.S. Ok... Raconteurs "Teenage Kicks" right here, enjoy:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one of the weirdest rap videos I've seen in a long, long time.