Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The White Stripes live @ Icky Thump Records



10:02pm CST Wed 6/20/07: Sorry about the late notice, check it out, it's streaming live right now here.

Updates:

10:31pm CST: White Stripes are finally on. Opening track: "Icky Thump". Wow.

10:49pm CST: Setlist so far:
  1. Icky Thump
  2. When I Hear My Name
  3. Dirty Leaves On Dirty Ground
  4. ? New Song
  5. Hotel Yorba
  6. ? New Song
10:55pm CST: I'm giving up on following the setlist... I'll enjoy the show instead.

10:57pm CST: I do love this one... Jolene

11:00pm CST: John The Revelator

11:11pm CST: Jack is a genius (I think I've mentioned that before). Man, this rocks. You can still tune in.

11:15pm CST: White Stripes main set done. Encores coming up...

11:16pm CST: I actually really like watching the show on my PC. The bathroom is really close...

11:17pm CST: Encore #1: Black Math

11:26pm CST: After a brilliant second encore here comes "Seven Nation Army"... jesus.

11:31pm CST: They're playing their last tune "Boll Weevil". I have goosebumps.

11:34pm CST: Gig over.

Bloody hell, I guess I was live-blogging the event... Sorry, sometimes I get too excited.

The new White Stripes Album Icky Thump is amazing. It rocks. Hard. Go pick it up when you have a chance. Fuck the review by CityPages/Village Voice...

More Updates:

In case you missed the performance... You can probably find some of it on the Icky Thump YouTube Channel.

Meg is awesome.

Did you see The White Stripes on Conan? It was A+. Unfortunately NBC is taking down YouTube vids left and right, so I give you the same 2 tunes from Jools Holland (just as great):

The White Stripes - Icky Thump (live Jools Holland)




The White Stripes - Effect and Cause (live Jools Holland)



OK, Conan was cooler:

The White Stripes - Effect and Cause (live Conan O'Brien):



The White Stripes Website | MySpace

1 comment:

solace said...

Icky Thump on Conan sounded just GOD awful... sorry dude...

the album is pretty solid though... their best since WBC by far, but still not really one of my faves of the year.