Friday, August 03, 2007

The Cribs | White Rabbits live @ Turf Club 8/1/07


(The Cribs)


(The Cribs)


(The Cribs)


(The Cribs)


(White Rabbits)

On the day "the bridge fell", White Rabbits and The Cribs delivered a classic performance. Jesus, what a day; and what a show.

White Rabbits were absolutely brilliant. I wouldn't even call them an opening band. They were more of a co-headliner. They reminded me of a mixture of Arcade Fire and Modest Mouse. A lot of percussion, and very engaging to watch. These guys will be huge. They'll be back here with Tokyo Police Club 10/9/07 in the 7th Street Entry, so if you missed 'em, catch them then...

As for The Cribs... holy shit, they absolutely @#$% destroyed Turf Club. Wakefield's favorite brothers Gary, Ryan, and Ross Jarman really tore it up. They're everything I love about rock 'n' roll. Great tunes, raw, loud, fast, crazy. I still can't believe they're not one of the biggest bands on the planet. One of my favorite gigs of the year...

The Cribs setlist:



More The Cribs / White Rabbits: Flickr Photos | Flickr Slideshow

Vids from the show:

White Rabbits - "Kid On My Shoulders" (opening tune):



White Rabbits - "Maggie's Farm" (Bob Dylan Cover) / "I Used To Complain Now I Don't"

The Cribs - "Our Bovine Public":



The Cribs - "Men's Needs":



The Cribs - "The Wrong Way To Be"

The Cribs Website | MySpace
White Rabbits Website | MySpace

No comments: