Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Kings of Leon | Wild Sweet Orange live @ First Avenue 8/3/07


(Kings of Leon live @ First Avenue 8/3/07)

Kings of Leon live. Wow, finally, I've never seen them before. Last time they were in town I skipped the show 'cause it was the first day I had quit smoking. Yeah, that was stupid, and an amazing show (from what I heard)... And yeah, since then I've started smoking again ;)

So this was the make up date for the canceled May 18 show. Snowden did a great job for the boys that night, I remember. KOL made up by playing two shows last week instead; the show Thursday 8/2/07 got really good reviews: Strib | PopLife (including setlist). Friday was no different...

I saw a couple of tunes by Wild Sweet Orange. The Alabama boys were quite good and fit the bill well. I talked with them for a while and they're really nice guys; hopefully they'll be back soon...


(Kings of Leon live @ First Avenue 8/3/07)

As for Kings of Leon. Jesus, the brothers Followill are spectacular live. It's weird thinking I just watched The Cribs (3 brothers) and now KOL (4 brothers) right in a row... Unfortunately, they had a super-strict "no camera" policy that night at First Avenue. Yep, both of my cameras were confiscated that evening. Luckily I was still able to get the photos above and a couple more on Flickr. Sorry, obviously, no videos...

Luckily they played Lollapalooza on Sunday and it was streamed live online. Did you watch it? It was pretty sweet... EdVed even joined them for a tune.

Kings of Leon & Eddie Vedder - "Slow Night, So Long" 8/05/07:



Speaking of EdVed, Pearl Jam really rocked (and I'm not even a big fan).

Pearl Jam - "Rockin' In the Free World" 8/05/07:



This was one of my favorite tunes at the First Ave show.

Kings Of Leon - Fans (4/18/07 - London):



Kings of Leon Website | MySpace
Wild Sweet Orange MySpace

P.S. A very special "Hi" goes out to the ultra-cool people who drove all the way down from Winnipeg, Canada, to watch the show! Great to meet and watch the show with you. You guys/gals rock!

2 comments:

solace said...

;)

Brody McCoy said...

Kings were fucking amazing both nights!!!!I'm starting to blog again... Going to Philly and New york though for 8 dyas... Get ready for all the great shows this fall!..