Friday, September 07, 2007

Quickies: I'm back | Luciano RIP | Ruckus on the Westbank | Tony RIP | VHS or Beta | Arctic Monkeys on Letterman | M.I.A.

> So... it appears I took a much needed blogging vacation in August. Yeah, I had loads of fun. However, as of today, the blog is back in session. Regular updates to follow.

> Luciano Pavarotti RIP. My favorite tenor. I was lucky enough to witness the legend live a few years ago at Xcel Energy Center. Absolutely amazing show. This song still gives me goosebumps:

Luciano Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma:


> Cool event alert! Ruckus on the West Bank goes down tomorrow, Saturday 9/8/07, 1pm - 2am. Lots of great bands and it's FREE! I'll see you there...



> Tony Wilson RIP. Tragic. 24 Hour Party People may be my favorite music film every made.

Happy Mondays - 24 Hour Party People:


> I watched VHS or Beta live @ 7th Street Entry a couple of days ago. Photos and words to come soon. In the meanwhile, check out their in-studio appearance on The Current. Brody also has a short review.

> Arctic Monkeys are performing live on Letterman tonight, 9/6/07.

> M.I.A.'s new album Kala is fantastic. After camping last weekend, this tune is officially one of my favorite songs of the summer:

M.I.A. - Paper Planes - live @ Lollapalooza 8/3/07:


OK, that's all I have for now. More to come. Have a great weekend!

Cheers.

No comments: