Tuesday, September 18, 2007

VHS or Beta live @ 7th Street Entry 9/5/07


VHS or Beta on Flickr: Flickr Photos | Flickr Slideshow

Due to the Federer vs Roddick US Open tennis match I wound up skipping the opening bands. I've seen locals Maps of Norway before (they're pretty good). Sorry Walter Meego, come back for a visit from Chicago soon...

Last time I saw VHS or Beta was in the First Avenue Main Room a couple of years ago when they opened up for Electric Six. They were quite good that night. So, even though I'm not a huge fan of their new album Bring on the Comets I was kind of excited to see the guys live again. VoB were ok in the 7th Street Entry. They still have lots of stage charisma and their set was solid. The older stuff rocked, the new stuff was so-so. I had a great time at the show and they're definitely still worth checking out live. Hopefully they'll return to form and wow us with the next record...

mp3: VHS or Beta - Can't Believe a Single Word (YSI)
mp3: Walter Meego - Romantic
mp3: Maps of Norway - Manners

Related:
VHS or Beta live on the Current

VHS or Beta Website | MySpace
Walter Meego Website | MySpace
Maps of Norway Website | MySpace

No comments: