Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rilo Kiley | Jonathan Rice | Grand Ole Party live @ First Avenue 9/14/07


Rilo Kiley on Flickr: Photos | Slideshow

Yeah, I agree, Rilo's latest record "Under The Blacklight" may not be my (or your) favorite. However, wow, "indie rock darling" Jenny Lewis and company really know how to put on a live show. Sold out First Avenue was crazy-packed for the gig. I haven't seen that many 18-20 year old girls in one place in a long time...

Hmmm, what else can I tell you? The band really impressed me, as I had never seen them live before. Jenny's voice and stage presence were fantastic. The rest of the band and back-up singers were equally impressive. Even the new stuff sounded great. And what do you know... now I really kinda' dig the new album. That's why I go to shows.

Opening bands Jonathan Rice and Grand Ole Party were ok. Not really 100% my thing. I was a bit bored to be perfectly honest. Both seem pretty talented, though, so definitely check them out.

I'll leave in-depth analysis to others. You can read more about the gig over at HowWasTheShow and on Brody's blog. Also, check it, they stopped in for an in-studio session on the Current.


mp3: Rilo Kiley - Smoke Detector (YSI)

Some cool vids from the show:

Rilo Kiley - "Breakin' Up" live @ First Avenue 9/14/07:



Rilo Kiley - "Rise Up With Fists" (Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins cover) live @ First Avenue 9/14/07:



Rilo Kiley - "Does He Love You?" live @ First Avenue 9/14/07 (final encore of the night):



Rilo Kiley Website | MySpace
Jonathan Rice Website | MySpace
Grand Ole Party MySpace

No comments: