Thursday, May 03, 2007

Air / Kate Havnevik live @ First Avenue 5/2/07


(Air live @ Coachella. Photo courtesy of Aaron Weinstein)


(Kate Havnevik live. Photo courtesy of Klaus)

God, I was pretty mad at myself on Wednesday night... I had brought my camera to the gig, but for some strange reason, without a memory card. So, sorry, no real live shots or videos from the event. Luckily, City Pages has a review and photos. They thought it was a sausage fest... Hmmm, I don't remember that part. I was surrounded but lots of girls on the side of the stage. Then again, I really wasn't people-watching...

As for the show. I got there midway through Kate Havnevik's set. The Norwegian born singer looked cute in the purple dress and her vocals were beautiful. Her music/sound reminded me a bit of Bjork and/or Imogen Heap. Quite enjoyable. I expect to hear a lot more from her in the future.

mp3: Kate Havnevik - New Day
Video WM: Kate Havnevik - Chronicle
Video QT: Kate Havnevik - Chronicle

France's Air put on a solid show (quite mellow by my standards, though). I really liked the tunes from "Talkie Walkie" and "Moon Safari". The new stuff sounded good as well. Encores "Sexy Boy" and a jammed-out version of "La Femme D'Argent" rocked.

For a more on the show check out Erik's review and CityPages Culture To Go.

I also ran into Chuck from Minnesota Stories and Blogumentary. Very cool and nice guy. I saw him filming during Air with his new phone/camera. Hopefully he'll post a video of the show soon as well.

For a photo of Air's setlist see my previous post.

Air - La Femme D'Argent (live):


Air Website / MySpace
Kate Havnevik Website / MySpace

1 comment:

Chuck Olsen said...

hey it was great meeting you... your pics are way nicer than the Nokia! i'll have to get that video up soon, the sound is actually decent.