Thursday, May 17, 2007

Arctic Monkeys / Be Your Own Pet live @ First Avenue 5/7/07


(Arctic Monkeys)
Lots more great pics: Flickr Photos | Flickr Slideshow



(Be Your Own Pet)
More pics: Flickr Photos | Flickr Slideshow

Third time I've seen the boys. By far their best show. What do you get when you mix a band-member's birthday (Matt - drummer) with a bunch of pissed (drunk) Rugby Fans from England? An awesome gig. Yeah, I loved every second of it...@$%^ brilliant show. But you knew I was going to say that... Actually, I was super anxious/nervous about the gig. Yes, that will happen when you really love a band...

Rather than me babbling about the gig:

Here's the setlist:

ArcticMonkeys_IMG_6660

And the videos I taped:

Arctic Monkeys - "The View From The Afternoon"


A note on the video above. It features a stage dive by a legendary Rugby Player 45 seconds in. His name is Tom Costello. Yes, I got numerous emails and comments from the team. Go Old Laurentian RFC! Unfortunately, Tom landed pretty hard on the "dancefloor" ;)

Arctic Monkeys - "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor"


Arctic Monkeys - "You Probably Couldn't See..."


Arctic Monkeys - "Fluorescent Adolescent"


More videos from the show:

> Arctic Monkeys - Teddy Picker
> Arctic Monkeys - This House Is A Circus
> Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
> Arctic Monkeys - Fake Tales of San Francisco

halfcockedgirl's vids are awesome. She's moving out to California for the summer. We'll miss ya'...

And yes, I hung out with the band (of course). Now that I have my pic with Alex, life is complete:

ArcticMonkeys_IMG_6664

Matt (birthday boy) signing autographs on top of a limo:
ArcticMonkeys_IMG_6663

OK, that's all I'm telling... Check out the photos for more detail.

I'm actually surprised most of my photos and videos turned out pretty decent. I was a complete hooligan at the show... Closing tune "A Certain Romance" gave me goosebumps and I was jumping around like a mad-man. Guess where? Yes, on the dancefloor:



Previously:
> Arctic Monkeys - LA 6/3/06
> Arctic Monkeys - Chicago 3/18/06

P.S. Notice they didn't play "Mardy Bum"? Yeah, cum' on, the Rugby Players would've gone absolutely fookin' crazy for this one:

1 comment:

Brody McCoy said...

They didn't play their two best tracks of the new album 505, the bad thing, and as you mentioned Mardy Bum arguably their best song of the monkeys first record. Oh and no Encore???? WTF!! The show was still amazing don't get me wrong.. But it could of been even better..