Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Arctic Monkeys / WAS live @ Wiltern LG, Los Angeles, 6/3/06

Arctic Monkeys / We Are Scientists live @ Wiltern LG Los Angeles 6/3/06

Arctic Monkeys live @ Wiltern LG Los Angeles 6/3/06

Arctic Monkeys Setlist live @ Wiltern LG Los Angeles 6/3/06

All photos from Arctic Monkeys / We Are Scientists here. Slideshow here. (Shitty) Video of "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" live here.

I think you're aware by now that I'm an Arctic Monkeys fan (my Chicago review from last time I saw them here). You can guess that the LA show was pretty great. Look at the setlist above! Unbelievable... the opened with fucking Riot Van! The band and crowd were insanely into it. One of the best theater gigs I've ever seen...

My last post wore me out so I'll keep this brief. The band has a new website The Riot Van which is their new Tour Diary website. Check it out... you can view lots of reviews, pictures, and videos there.

We Are Scientists were pretty good. Didn't quite have the same energy as the Monkeys though... Looking forward to checking them out @ First Avenue soon to get a better sense.

mp3: Arctic Monkeys - Cigarette Smoke (demo of "Cigarette Smoker Fiona")

- Steve

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

opening with riotvan is a bit crazy but hey they rock

c said...

i am seeing them next week - can't wait! and holy sh*t you are a rock star going to see the boys play in LA, even. right on. siblings who live in awesome places rule!

F.J. Delgado said...

sounds like it was a killer show... they are coming to Baltimore next week, but the show is already sold out. I'm going to try and get tickets by going early and basically begging, wish me luck!