Monday, July 31, 2006

Sweaty and disoriented: Diplo / CSS / BDR

Man, I've totally been out-of-action lately. I missed the Futureheads last night. WTF! Then again, I've seen them 4 times already. Check out their full performance on AOL...

I did go out tonight to the Diplo/CSS gig. What can I tell you?

1) Bonde Do Role
Lead-singer Marina broke her arm while stage-diving the night before @ Pitchfork Festival. Now that's rock 'n' roll. If you could add live vocals to the Girl Talk album, you'd sum up BDR pretty well. Two guys and one girl singing over various samples... call it "Brazilian Karaoke". Diplo was assisting on DJ duties.



Flickr photos / slideshow

2) Cansei De Ser Sexy (CSS). Unbelievable. Very sexy. Great. Check out the pictures.



Flickr photos / slideshow

mp3: CSS - Fuck Off Its Not The Only Thing You Have To Show
mp3: CSS - Art Bitch

The set was pretty much as Fluxblog described it:

CSS Suxxx / Patins / Alala / Fuckoff Is Not The Only Thing - Work It / Meeting Paris Hilton / This Month, Day 10 / Alcohol / Off The Hook / Art Bitch / Music Is My Hot Hot Sex / Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above


3) Diplo. My camera (as usual now) ceased to work. But let's just say... bloody brilliant. He was mixing everything from "Walk like an Egyptian" to "Mr. Postman"...



OK, really poor camera-phone picture above...

- Steve

No comments: