Monday, October 30, 2006

Electric Six / Aberdeen City / The Blue Van live @ First Avenue 10/27/06

Another solid show last Friday. Highlight for me were Denmark's The Blue Van who played a ferocious 45 minute set... it almost made me think they were the headliners. Boston's Aberdeen City channeled Interpol and kept the crowd moving. I've seen Electric Six a bunch of times before... they've rocked my socks off everytime. I headed to a Halloween Party around midnight Friday, so I only saw their first few tunes. From what I witnessed however, they again seriously rocked out. It was hard to leave the gig early. And yeah, lead-singer Dick Valentine is still a mad-man (in the best way possible)...

The Blue Van

More pictures on Flickr: photos / slideshow

Aberdeen City

More pictures on Flickr: photos / slideshow

Electric Six

More pictures on Flickr: photos / slideshow

Electric Six Website / MySpace
Aberdeen City Website / MySpace
The Blue Van Website / MySpace

More coverage of the show over at BritishRockIsAlwaysTop.

- Steve

No comments: