Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mew / Onethousand Pictures live @ Fine Line Music Cafe 10/25/06


(Mew)

Hmmmmm, Mew, how to summarize the show, very tough. Let's start off by saying I missed Onethousand Pictures for the second time in a row. For some reason I thought there would be a 3rd band on the bill. I was wrong... by the time I walked into the gig, Mew had just started their first song.

Like Figurines last night, I thought Mew was good, but not great. I don't know... is there something I'm missing? The music is pretty decent, but there's just not a whole lot of stage presence. Then again, their final encore "Comforting Sounds" almost gave me goosebumps it was so good...

OK, what I'm trying to say... Mew was definitely a whole lot better headlining than opening for Kasabian. They're not 100% my thing, so you should check out their music and make up your own mind...

mp3: Mew - Comforting Sounds

Audio: "The Zookeeper's Boy"
WM Hi / lo
Real
QT

Audio: "Apocalypso"
WM Hi / lo
Real
QT

And since I missed them and I feel bad about that:

mp3: Onethousand Pictures - Cold Rain

Mandatory picture with the lead singer of Mew (to prove I was there and I heard of them first):



Before I go... do we all realize Robbie Williams just released a new album "Rudebox"? Now he's a boy after my taste. Actually, we're a lot a like, seriously... Maybe that's why I'm still single ;)

mp3: Robbie Williams - Lovelight (Lewis Taylor Cover)

Man, I love Robbie's new album, I don't care what anybody says. OK, gotta' go...

Mew Website / MySpace
Onethousand Pictures Website / MySpace

- Steve

P.S. My buddy Brody's Mew review and pictures are up. Check it out.

No comments: