Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Hold Steady: "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" sucks!

I love baseball and the MN Twins, so this really bugs me:
This is the WORST rendition (shit) of the tune I've ever heard. Again, has everybody completely lost their mind??? Seriously, I'll take the Goo Goo Dolls version over this any day.

The Hold Steady sucks. Almost as much as The Decemberists do. OK, just had to let that out; I feel much better now...

Let the hate-comments begin ;) Have a great Wednesday!

P.S. RIP Herb Carneal... you'll be missed.

P.P.S. There's been a lot of talk about this tune lately (funny, yet very disturbing). Here's the original (which is way sexier):

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what, Steve? I think you an I are the only sane people who think that the Hold Steady suck. And this is just another track to prove it.

Anonymous said...

they're not as great as Lifter Puller were, but i can certainly understand the interest in them.

i can also understand why plenty of people wouldn't like them either though...

Anonymous said...

The Hold Steady suck out loud! Just a bunch of mediocre dweebs. Please people, have you lost your minds? Are you that desperate that you think these guys are good? Thank god they get no airplay.

Anonymous said...

The Hold Steady are the worst of what Pitchfork praises. I like some of the stuff they promote, but there's no excuse for THS. That guy's voice is the most obnoxious, pretentious shit I've ever heard (this is coming from someone who likes Yoko).

Anonymous said...

I agree with the guy who left the first comment. I was enduring another radio play of one of their crappy songs a minute ago and actually googled "the hold steady suck" and this page came up. Why there aren't whole pages dedicated to how much they suck I have no idea. At least now I don't feel so alone anymore...

Caveman Pleasures said...

I concur, THS suck. They are indie rock MOR, like Matchbox 20 for people who listen to Pavement.

Anonymous said...

THS suck very much. I'm not sure if they're trying to cop some really bad Springsteen vibe or they just suck in an original way.

TPH said...

Great post. I have never read your blog before and only came across it by googling "the hold steady suck." I agree with the Decemberists comment, as well... except THS are worse.