Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hard-Fi / Radio 4

Did we all watch the American Music Awards last night?! In case you didn't see it, you didn't miss much. The highlight of the show for me was the performance by the Eurythmics (they peformed a greatest hits medley of 3 songs)... Annie Lennox still has an amazing voice. Low-lights of the show were Lindsay Lohan (can't sing) and Hilary Duff (who I believe was lip-syncing and therefore probably can't sing either). Also, a message to the directors of all music awards shows: Can we please not "MTV" the live performances?!!! They don't have to look like a music video (visual effects etc.)... just watching the artists perform live is entertaining enough...

I'm a bit short on time today, therefore just a brief post. Continuing on with my "best of 2005":

Hard-Fi



Hard-Fi's debut album Stars of CcTV crossed my desk in late July of this year. They hail from Middlesex, England. For me the album went largely unnoticed until a couple of months ago when one my my buddies sent me an email stating to "re-explore" the CD. I'm very glad I did, now I can't stop listening to it. They sound a bit like the Happy Mondays meet Daft Punk meet The Specials meet The Clash.

This song is definitely going on my "best of 2005 mix-cd". It's hard not to get up and dance to it (and I don't really "dance")...

mp3: Hard Fi - Cash Machine

Radio 4



Since we're on the topic of danceable rock n roll music. One of the most infectious tunes this summer came from NYC's Radio 4. Again, it's going on my 2005 mix CD. Ahhhh, I miss summer!

mp3: Radio 4 - Absolute Affirmation

From the album: Stealing of a Nation

OK, I think that's it for today. Make sure you check out the top Canadian bands as voted on by Canada's top bloggers!

I'm taking the rest of Wednesday and Thursday off from any computer work. Can't wait for the Rogue Wave / Hopefuls show this evening.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving! I shall return Friday.

No comments: