Thursday, November 17, 2005

My trip to LA


Classic! These guys and gals look like they belong in a bad hip-hop video!

All photos on Flickr here. Slideshow here.

I love LA! I have to say I had a great time in the City of Angels. Here's what happened. My sister Victoria lives there. My friend Tommy, who I grew up with in Vienna joined us there with his girlfriend Veronika. Can 4 people get along like that? The answer, yes!! Here's what we did (in chronological order):


  • Checked out Queenvick's apartment. Very interesting...
  • Went to Hollywood Boulevard, looked at the "Stars", and bought souveniers. (In the rain on the first day).
  • We scored free tickets to the "Craig Ferguson" show. Amazing how Hollywood shows are made... even better, My Morning Jacket was the band we saw... amazing...Went to a Hollywood "Meet and Greet". For a Michigan Horror Movie Producer/Director... very interesting to say the least.
  • Sang Karaoke (spelling?) at the Barney's Beanery in West Hollywood. The ladies sang "99 Luftballoons (in German), and Tommy and I sang Stevie Wonder's "I just called to say I love you" (see mp3 earlier post). Classic! The crowd was diggin' it (I think???).
  • Drove up to the Hollywood hills and acted like we belong there! Even though we were in a Honda Prelude...
  • Had some "Crepes" in Santa Monica.
  • Bought "cheap tourist wear hoodies".
  • Went to "The Grove" (which is right by @#$! Farmer's Market). Tommy bought an iPod. I'm still very jelaous!
  • Took a trip to Universal Studios. I highly recommend "Shrek - 4D"!
  • Went hiking in Griffith Park, which was amazing! Got some great shots of the "Hollywood" sign!
  • Spent some time and had a really great meal at Venice Beach.
  • Saw Jeremy in "Frazzle" @ the Victory Theatre. Great show!
  • Had a few drinks at "Encounter" at LAX.
  • Tried to go to Brendan Benson @ Spaceland. Unfortunately by the time we got there it was sold out. Bummer...
  • Toured Melrose Avenue (great shopping!) and had a great lunch @ the Vienna Cafe( Wiener Schnitzel for breakfast is good!).
  • Walked a mile or two, then took a tour of the Beverly Hills and Belle Aire Mansions.
  • Witnessed a "real live" Hollywood premiere @ the AFI film festival. Yes, I saw famous people!
  • Went to Amoeba records! I could spend a day in this store...

"Thanks" go out to the following people:

  • My lovely sister Victoria for putting us up and for just being her!
  • Tommy and Veronika for being just the way they are... We'll definitely have to get together somewhere in the world in '06!
  • Jeremy (thanks for putting us up the last night), Nate, Hal, Greg, Will, and Victoria's roommate Cassy...

One of the best vacations I ever took...

Even though I love LA, I think I'm still moving to NYC next year!

I just thought of one thing... Victoria, we never went to Cher's house as you promised?! Pretty disappointing, ...sniff!?...

Well, here's an mp3 for everybody to make up for it:

mp3: Cher - Just Like Jesse James

P.S. Inside joke: "Beverllllllllllllly"!!! And where's the "Korean chick"? "She's not that hot"!???

1 comment:

Steve said...

Tommy!

Thanks for the comment! Call me before you leave!

Yeah, our singing sucks...