Thursday, November 17, 2005

What I'm listening to

A few weeks back I got rid of my "What I'm listening to" links list in my right side-bar. Reason is, I don't have time to update this list every day, and I listen to way too much music. So, since a couple of people have asked me about this, here's my list of what I'm currently sampling; I'm serious, these are all the "new" albums sitting on the desktop of my PC (sorry there are not in alphabetecial order and are missing hyperlinks, there's just too many):

Editors -The Back Room
Ashlee Simpson - Autobiography
Ashlee Simpson - I Am Me
Athlete - Tourist
Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Robbie Williams-Intensive Care
Sugababes - Taller In More Ways
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Starsailor - On The Outside
Babyshambles- Down In Albion
Pulp - Hits
Danger Mouse - Grey Album
The Prodigy - Their Law-The Singles
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Roy Orbison - All time greatest
Bee Gees - Number Ones
UB40 - The Very Best Of 1980-2000
Madness - Divine Madness
Beck - Guero
Ben Folds - Songs For Silverman
Natalie Imbruglia - Counting Down the Days
Edith Piaf - The very best of
Robbie Williams - Live At Knebworth
Eurythmics - Greatest Hits
Dwight Yoakam - The Very Best Of Dwight Yoakam
Roxy Music - The Best Of
Eminem - Dont call me Marshall
The Hold Steady - Almost Killed Me
Arctic Monkeys - 17 Tracks
Eels - Blinking Lights And Other Revelations
Morrisey - You Are The Quarry
Johhny Cash - American IV - The Man Comes Around
Bright Eyes - Fevers And Mirrors
Tegan & Sara - So Jealous
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
John Lennon - Working Class Hero
Sleater-Kinney - The Woods
Metric - Live It Out
Blink 182 - Greatest Hits
Neil Diamond - 12 Songs
Supergrass - Road to Rouen
My Morning Jacket - Z
Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
Kanye West - Late Registration
We Are Scientists - With Love And Squalor
The Rapture - Echoes
Spoon - Girls Can Tell
The Frames - Burn The Maps
Ladytron - Light & Magic
The Walkmen - Everyone Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone
Atmosphere - You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having
Nina Simone - The Best Of The Colpix Years
Simply Red - Very Best Of
Simply Red - Simplified
Liz Phair - Liz Phair
Liz Phair - Somebody's Miracle
Hot Hot Heat - Make Up The Breakdown
Cat Power - You Are Free
Madonna - Confessions On A Dance Floor
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Elbow - A Cast of Thousands
Test Icicles - For Screening Purposes Only
The Cardigans - Super Extra Gravity
Aqueduct - I Sold Gold
Nina Simone- Anthology
Goldfrapp - Supernature
Elbow - Leaders of the Free World
Bob Mould - Body of Song
Atomic Kitten - Greatest Hits
Underworld - Lovely Broken Things
Aimee Mann - The Forgotten Arm
Sia - Healing Is Difficult
Abba - Gold
Of Montreal - Sunlandic Twins
Deerhoof - The Runners Four
The American Analog Set - Set Free
Dire Straights - Private Investigations - Best Of
The Fiery Furnaces - Rehearsing My Choir
Brendan Benson - The Alternative To Love
Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
DangerDoom - The Mouse & The Mask
The National - Alligator
Brian Wilson - Smile
Bright Eyes - Motion Sickness
Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
New Order - Singles
Annie - Anniemal
Art Brut - Bang Bang Rock & Roll
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Take Them On, On Your Own
The Cribs - The New Fellas
Hard-Fi - Stars Of CCTV
Kate Bush - Aerial
Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary
The Fray - Reason
22-20's - 22-20's
The Wrens - The Meadowlands
The Paddingtons - First Comes First


EDIT: Of cource, I forgot a couple:

Gorillaz - G-Sides
Spacemokys vs Gorillaz
Groove Armade - 5 albums
Thievery Corporation - 8 albums (Merci Adam)
Amusement Parks on Fire - Amusement Parks on Fire ( I love this CD!)
The Sopranos - Music From The Original Series
The Sopranos - Peppers & Eggs (2CDs)

This is NOT my best of 2005 list (as some of these are older). A couple of brief notes:

If I had to chose 5 albums from this list to recommend (to the random music listener) it would be these:

1) Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary
2) We Are Scientists - With Love And Squalor
3) Art Brut - Bang Bang Rock & Roll
4) The Cribs - The New Fellas
5) Hard-Fi - Stars Of CCTV

Wolf Parade will probably go down as my "favorite show" of 2005. Their gig @ First Avenue 7th Street Entry was simply amazing. Here's a tune for you which almost gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it; yes, it's that good, and it will definitely wind up in my top tunes from 2005 (probably in the top 5):

mp3: Wolf Parade - I'll Believe In Anything

Most of the other albums are pretty amazing as well. Yes, you can tell I have a "sweetspot" for cheesy pop music. Cum on, you know one of my favorite bands of all time is The Pet Shop Boys, right (and I'm straight)!?

Also, make sure you check out the "Top bands in America 2005 list" as compiled by the top mp3 bloggers. "The National" at No. 2? No White Stripes? Voice your opinion on the site! Ahhhhh, I love lists...

If you have any questions on the albums let me know and I'll respond in the comments!

No comments: