Monday, November 28, 2005

Weekend in review / misc...


(Photo, from left to right: Chester, Sigfried, Ringo (aka Rock 'n' Roll Dog)

For those of you in the US, I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving holiday and enjoyed the long weekend! Unfortunately I had to work on Friday... sometimes (not very often though) it's not a good deal to work in the banking-bizzz. Here's what I was up to this weekend:

Friday, after work, I picked up my parent's dogs (Chester, Sigfried - pictured above) as my Mom was leaving for NYC and my Dad wasn't going to be home a lot due to a theatre production. Yes, I dog-sat from Friday through Sunday! Fun stuff, I tell you, three male territorial dogs... I actually did enjoy having them around my house though... After I picked up the dogs I headed over to Memory Lanes to try to win some free Spoon tickets (you can't buy tickets). Do you think I won anything? Of course not... I was pretty pissed off, and let the organizers of the event know (they only gave away 10 pairs of tickets in 2 hours), what a joke! After the "Spoon thing" I just returned home as to take care of the animals. We did sample some new music together though...

Hmmm, Saturday, did nothing too exciting. I thought about going to the Echo and the Bunnymen show, but decided not to. I cooked some Wiener Schnitzel, and watched a couple of movies instead on my cable: The Life Aquatic..., and The Aviator. I thought both were excellent. Martin Scorsese rules. Best thing about the Life Aquatic... the Portugese versions of David Bowie tunes! I absolutely loved it, watch the movie for more info...

Sunday, ate more Wiener Schnitzel (I made enough for an army). I cleaned my crib. Watched some football and HBO. My Dad picked up Sigfried and Chester. Not very exciting, huh? The weather sucked...

To finish up the post for today, let's have some fun, here's some great 80's mp3s I found while going though my CD collection! I'm still mp3ing all of my music and albums... I'm up to 40gigs and 3/4 done (I think), however my desk is still a complete mess. Here are some tunes, unless you're a big "80's head" you may not be familiar with, (they were really big in Europe, though, where I grew up):

mp3: Malcolm McLaren - Double Dutch
mp3: Mike Oldfield - Moonligh Shadow (Extended Version)
mp3: FR David - Words

Life Aquatic tunes to come tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna eat that ringo feller

some day!