Monday, March 12, 2007

Scissor Sisters live @ Myth 3/11/07, Maplewood, MN


(Scissor Sisters)


(Scissor Sisters)


(Scissor Sisters Setlist)

More: Flickr Photos | Flickr Slideshow

So, my friend Ryan who went to the show with me last night told me: "Steve, be sure you mention three things about the show: gay, zebra, fabulous". Ok, I think I can do that, so here we go...

You know, I don't care if you're straight, gay, bi-sexual, or whatever... I guarantee you'd have a great time at a Scissor Sisters show. The interaction between Scissor Sisters' singer Ana Matronic and lead singer Jake Shears is just contagious... you really feel these two folks and the rest of the band are having a great time, and enjoying every second of it...

During their fabulous 75 minute set they played through most of the hits from both of their albums. Sound and stage presence were A+. They crowd (very interesting to say the least) was totally into it.

Lead singer Jake Shears kept losing more and more clothes during the show. By the end, he was simply dressed in zebra boxers and even climbed on the right side of the stage/audience... Very entertaining...

The in-between song banter was also great. The band talked about hanging out at Nye's Saturday night and getting their polka on. Also, they weren't so happy about the lack of sidewalks in Maplewood, MN, and having to eat at Taco Bell. Funny stuff...

To summarize... Scissor Sisters is really amazing live, so do check them out at venue near you. You'll have a great time.

A note on the venue... that's the first time I've been to Myth Nightclub in Maplewood. I have to say I'm impressed. It's fucking huge! The sight-lines and sound are A+. The only thing... it's almost too big for me. I'm used to hanging out at 7th Street Entry, 400 Bar, Varsity Theater, Triple Rock... I'm not used to a venue with 3000 music fans, instead of 50 ;)

Scissor Sisters Website / MySpace

Here's the video for "I Don't Feel Like Dancing":



P.S. I missed Badly Drawn Boy (who I love) last night. I'm pretty sure you'll find a review and photos here.

P.P.S. Monday, get ready, they're playing 5(!) tour dates in the US... The Faint @ First Avenue! I'm totally psyched, and I'll be there...

No comments: