Let's stick with the Reading Festival 2006 for one more day. Did you know: "When The Sun Goes Down" was actually titled "Scummy" on the band's early demos? Now you do. I love the audience participation in the live version.
- Arctic Monkeys - Scummy (live Astoria, London 06-10-2005)
- Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down (official video)
- And while I was looking through AMs' videos, this one came up as "related" on YouTube: Blur - Song 2 (live @ Wembley Arena, 1999). Wow.
- "When The Sun Goes Down" can be found on the album: Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
- Arctic Monkeys play First Avenue Mon 5/7/07. Tickets.
- Arctic Monkeys new album Favourite Worst Nightmare drops April 23, 2007, in the UK.
In other news:
I wasted a LOT of time today playing around with imeem. Has anybody else tried this out? I'm pretty impressed. Seems like an ideal combination of social networking, music, video, photography, blogging, etc... pretty much all the stuff I'm really into. I think I'll start using it quite a bit. I haven't really done a whole lot with my profile yet, but if you wish, you can add me as a friend (I have zero at the moment):
I've also updated the blog's right toolbar with this info and even added a playlist. Check it out.
So, let's try this thing out by posting a tune. Click the green play button twice to start streaming the song (once to activate the control, and once to begin playback):
And here's the first one I actually uploaded to the site (nobody had previously posted it):
Cool, huh? As mentioned, more on my imeem.
Check CityPages or Vita.mn to see what's going this weekend. Have a good one. Cheers.