Friday, June 10, 2005

Rock 'n roll video


So the videotape on which I record a lot of bands' live performances from various talk shows finally ran out. I guess all good things must come to an end. How fitting it would end with The Kaiser Chiefs "I Predict a Riot". Some very cool performances, here's the full track listing (this was a lot of work to compile):

BAND Name - "Song Name", TV talk show, comments

1) OASIS - "Little by Little", Conan, minus Liam of course...
2) COLDPLAY - "In my Place", Conan, sounds a bit softer live than on record
3) THE STROKES - "Someday", Letterman, Thanksgiving
4) THE HIVES - "Hate to Say I Told You So", Conan, "America loves the Hives!"
5) COLDPLAY - "In my Place", Letterman, Yes once again...
6) THE WHITE STRIPES - "Seven Nation Army", Conan, part 1 of 4 performances in one week
7) THE WHITE STRIPES - "Jolene", Conan, part 2 of 4 performances in one week
8) THE WHITE STRIPES - "The Hardest Button to Button", Conan, part 3 of 4 performances in one week
9) THE WHITE STRIPES - "Let's Build a Home", Conan, part 4 of 4 performances in one week. Can you tell I like Jack and Meg? This performance is legendary as Jack White's guitar becomes unplugged during the end of the song...
10) THE STROKES - "Reptilia", Conan, part 1 of 4 performances in one month
11) STELLASTARR* - "In the Walls", Daly, Yes they have the hottest bassist in rock 'n roll...
12) THE STROKES - "What Ever Happened?", Conan, part 2 of 4 performances in one month
13) THE STROKES - "Under Control", Conan, part 3 of 4 performances in one month
14) THE STROKES - "12:51", Conan, part 4 of 4 performances in one month. Yes, I like The Strokes a lot too!
15) FRANZ FERDINAND - "Take Me Out", Conan, tough to sit down to...
16) SCISSOR SISTERS - "Take your Mumma", Conan, Metalfan's favorite band at the moment...
17) THE LIBERTINES - "Can't Stand Me Now", Conan, "Where's Pete?"
18) THE HIVES - "Two-timing Touch and Broken Bones", Conan, Once again, "America loves the Hives!"
19) THE PIXIES - "Monkey Gone to Heaven", Letterman, sounds quite good actually
20) AVRIL LAVIGNE - "Nobody's Home", Conan, She can actually sing live!
21) INTERPOL - "Evil", Letterman, You can actually see what they look like (unlike when you see them at a live-venue due to all the back-lighting)
22) INTERPOL - "Slow Hands", Conan
23) BRIGHT EYES - "Road to Joy", Ferguson, brilliant performance! I've never seen a trumpet player smash his instrument.
24) THE FUTUREHEADS - "Decent Days and Nights", Conan, I shall see them live again tomorrow (for the 4th time)...
25) DOVES - "Black and White Town", Leno, the new CD is great
26) LOUIS XIV - "Finding Out True Love is Blind", Kimmel, keyboard player sings the woman's part of this song...
27) KINGS OF LEON - "The Bucket", Conan, what's up w/Lead singer's hair? Does he cut it himself at home? Amzing performance though, brilliant tune...
28) KASABIAN - "Clubfoot", Kimmel, Liam's favorite new band. Wow, stunning performance! I'm still pissed these guys cancelled their live gig here last month. Plus I still have to get a refund for the ticket...
29) THE KILLERS - "Mr. Brightside", Leno, quit talking shite lead singer... Especially when you're soooo obviously gay (not that there's anything wrong with that of course)...
30) LCD SOUNDSYSTEM - "Daft Punk is Playing at my House", Letterman
31) THE RAVEONETTES - "Love in a Trashcan", Conan
32) EELS - "Railroad Man", Leno, awesome!
33) ERASURE - "Breathe", Daly, suprisingly good...
34) GARBAGE - "Bleed like me", Letterman, Me like Shirley... great outfit...
35) BLOC PARTY - "Banquet", Kimmel, again... tough to sit down to...
36) SNOW PATROL - "Spitting Games", Leno
37) THE BRAVERY - "Honest Mistake", Leno, lead-singer-dude is trying really hard to look like Morrissey...
38) KAISER CHIEFS - "I Predict a Riot", Conan, tape runs out 7/8 through the song

Pretty cool, huh? Now I just need to transfer it to DVD so I can share it with all of you. Any ideas? Let me know... I don't have a DVD burner...

My neck is starting to bother me due to too much computer work. Plus I'm pretty tired from a tough work-week. I think I shall go relax now. Have a great weekend! Hopefully I'll have some cool news and pictures next week. Both The Futureheads and Spoon are in town this weekend so I better rest up tonight. Prost!

P.S. Don't bother with comments about Avril or Erasure... that's too easy. I know I have issues!

1 comment:

queenvick said...

Grammar Control...AnywayS is not a word...just a minnesota-ism. :) No need for the S...so anyway...Nice job on the reviews. I did pick up the Coldplay album yesterday. I can see it growing on me, but definitely sounded like Rush of Blood...well maybe they will change up the next one. Q