Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The sad state of affairs June 8, 2005...


The sad state of affairs - pictured June 8, 2005

OK - sorry for the delay on updates, it's been a crazy week... Here's some news on my personal and music life:
  • The picture above shows my "master suite"... without carpet. It's freshly painted, great change from the green color that was on the wall (took me about 2 weeks to paint). However as you can see it's missing good flooring... Yeah, my dog (Ringo) ruined that as a puppy (love 'thy pet). To save some money I decided to tear out my own old carpet... a lot more hard work than I thought... then again I should be used to it after 2 years. Anyways, I should get started again pulling out the staples and old carpet again here real soon. It gets kind of warm up there, though... I'll keep you updated! I checked "carpet stores" and was more amazed by the women that sell the carpet than the actual carpet... Yeah I know... issues...
  • I'd like to say a big "Hello, thanks" to people who've I've just recently heard from on this blog. All my relatives in Austria ("Dave" - come on put in "David" next time), hoffentlich komme ich im Herbst!) "JoeP"... we missed you man! I'm sure Connecticut doesn't have enough police to contain you! Marty, haven't forgotten about you, you the man, "'Sabbath rules!", I appreciate your input. If I've forgotten anybody else... sorry...
  • To put an end to the rumors... No, I'm not dying! I went in a couple of weeks ago to have a minor cyst removed from my neck. This was lovely I have to say, getting a shot in your neck @ 9:00am always feels good! However, I'm fine! Even had my cholerstorol and blood pressure checked... all perfectly normal! I was really surprised...
  • What's up with these creatures/insects called "June bugs"? I've had a lot of them on my screen door... they're pretty nasty... I wonder what ecological (that's a big word for me) purpose they serve? Let me know (and I know it's "June" by the way)...
  • I've been training "rock 'n' roll dog" Ringo to catch a frisbee. It's going pretty well... the "catching" part of it anyways. After he catches it, he thinks it's a chew-toy... Does he think those things are cheap? Anyways... today I worked on "bringing the frisbee back without chewing on it". Exciting, huh?
  • Album Review: Coldplay - X & Y - I have to say that this album was really disappointing on first listen. However since then it's grown on me quite a bit, a lot like "A Rush of Blood to the Head". To make things very simple... If you like "Parachutes" or "A Rush..." you will love this album. I think it combines the best of both albums. However, Mr. Chris M, what happened to "re-inventing the wheel"? Check out all the reviews here...
  • The White Stripes - Get Behing me Satan - Wow, this is a tough one... So far... me like, me heard! Jack is genius... I don't know what to say about this one, simply amazing! Check out all the reviews here.
  • Liam is the man, it's good to have Oasis back! Check out what he said here.
  • Pete (the Libertines) is back on the smack. Very sad, but not unexpected, I wish somebody could help this guy.
  • If you haven't seen a couple of pictures of Jack White's wedding, click here!
  • The line-up for Live-8 is awesome! At leat the British part... I feel a bit sorry for the 'Chiefs for they're the only decent act (in my humble opinion) in the USA... however I'm sure they'll have a good time...

That's all for now. I love comments, so let's see you post some! I hope you're having a great week (I'm saying that in my most Minnesota accent)!

Love,
rock 'n' roll star
a.ka. Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, the Rock-n-Roll Star has become downright ordinary. Truly a sad state. Where is the stylin' Greyhound bus strewn with beer cans and empty Jack Daniels bottles?
Glad to hear you're back in good health. Although Methodone treatment would be more glamorous than a cyst in your neck. Unless the cyst came from too much head-banging...
Will have to pick up the new Coldplay for the road trip this Saturday. Still not sold on White Stripes. 2 people just does not a "band" make IMO. (Unless it's Simon & Garfunkel...although Garfunkel really carried that band).
Metalfan requests more CD reviews - including the new Staind, due out in July.
Metalfan...out!

Steve said...

Metalfan,
Yeah my life has been pretty ordinary this week (and actually is most of the time). Perhaps next time I should make up a health problem... I'm too honest, should practice on my lying a bit more...
More CD reviews huh? I'll get right on that... If you have any reviews you'd like to submit let me know. I'll post them for you...
Yeah, can't wait for that new Staind record!???
The Coldplay record should make for good driving music. Don't bother with the Stripes as I'm sure you'd hate it...
I like your Simon & Garfunkel reference. Funny! What about "Hall & Oates" or "Wham!"? I wonder what Andrew Ridgley is upto now-adays...