Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Up and running again (for the most part)

Let me start of by giving a big "Thanks!" to my buddy/co-worker Adam for fixing my home PC!!! This piece of crap (my PC) was pretty much hosed after the storms a couple of weeks ago... Adam restored my home PC back to normal, without losing any data. Unbelievable! Thanks again!

I'm up-and-running-again, computer-wise. However, on Monday my car died! I had to have it towed... so much for "German engineering" (right Jan!?)? Something wrong with the oil pressure... I'll find out Wednesday what's going on...

So much stuff to catch up on, unfortunately so little time. I just picked up the new Franz Ferdinand and Broken Social Scene albums today... However, way too early to make any judgement calls (I'm pretty sure you'll dig FF though).

Since I just got my PC working again... a bit of a short post. Here's one my favorite pictures of the past couple of weeks:


















Yeah, that's me and my buddy Dave Pirner (from Soul Asylum). I ran into Dave 2 nights in a row, once during the Bob Mould Show, and second time during The Arcade Fire. 2nd time I just couldn't resist...

I just reviewed my last 400 pictures! There's some really good ones of Austin City Limits, Arcade Fire, M.I.A., Architecture in Helsinki, and misc. in there... Look for some "monster" posts in the next couple of days, now that my computer is working again...

In the meanwhile, here's a couple of mp3's for you, enjoy:

The Strokes - You Only Live Once (from the forthcoming album; much better (in my humble opinion) than their first single "Juicebox")

Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi (classic, don't you think!!!? Thanks Ryan!)

Oasis - Who Put The Weight Of the World On My Shoulders (amazing b-side from the new album)

The Cribs - Hey Scenesters (couldn't resist... they're a fellow Leeds band, same as Kaiser Chiefs)

The Strokes - Juicebox (are you happy now?)

Sorry I was going to post more... but as always, things are going sooooo wrong....

2 comments:

Steve said...

And as always... spam comments love me!?

Steve said...

This spam is out-of-hand...