Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Up and running again (for the most part)

Let me start of by giving a big "Thanks!" to my buddy/co-worker Adam for fixing my home PC!!! This piece of crap (my PC) was pretty much hosed after the storms a couple of weeks ago... Adam restored my home PC back to normal, without losing any data. Unbelievable! Thanks again!

I'm up-and-running-again, computer-wise. However, on Monday my car died! I had to have it towed... so much for "German engineering" (right Jan!?)? Something wrong with the oil pressure... I'll find out Wednesday what's going on...

So much stuff to catch up on, unfortunately so little time. I just picked up the new Franz Ferdinand and Broken Social Scene albums today... However, way too early to make any judgement calls (I'm pretty sure you'll dig FF though).

Since I just got my PC working again... a bit of a short post. Here's one my favorite pictures of the past couple of weeks:


















Yeah, that's me and my buddy Dave Pirner (from Soul Asylum). I ran into Dave 2 nights in a row, once during the Bob Mould Show, and second time during The Arcade Fire. 2nd time I just couldn't resist...

I just reviewed my last 400 pictures! There's some really good ones of Austin City Limits, Arcade Fire, M.I.A., Architecture in Helsinki, and misc. in there... Look for some "monster" posts in the next couple of days, now that my computer is working again...

In the meanwhile, here's a couple of mp3's for you, enjoy:

The Strokes - You Only Live Once (from the forthcoming album; much better (in my humble opinion) than their first single "Juicebox")

Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi (classic, don't you think!!!? Thanks Ryan!)

Oasis - Who Put The Weight Of the World On My Shoulders (amazing b-side from the new album)

The Cribs - Hey Scenesters (couldn't resist... they're a fellow Leeds band, same as Kaiser Chiefs)

The Strokes - Juicebox (are you happy now?)

Sorry I was going to post more... but as always, things are going sooooo wrong....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pirate Monkeys versus Ninja Robots versus…
PRESS RELEASE: Pirate Monkeys versus Ninja Robots versus Press release supplied by Games Press 23:42 04/10/2005 For Immediate Release Durham, NC October 4, 2005 The thirteenth issue of The Escapist magazine was ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us post comments - very cool of you. I work online with my own home based business website. Check it out if you get the chance. Thanks again!

rocknrollstar said...

And as always... spam comments love me!?

Anonymous said...

Ning Goes Live
Posted by Stowe Boyd The people at 24 Hour Laundry have launched what appears to be a complete platform for social architecture, called Ning, with dozens of social apps already installed: [from Ning Blog ] For ...
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

Anonymous said...

Gawker Media/ VNU launch European language versions of Gizmodo
Gawker Media and VNU have announced that the two companies have agreed to publish Gizmodo.com across Europe with, in their words " an eye towards becoming the ultimate European destination for everything ...
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

rocknrollstar said...

This spam is out-of-hand...

Anonymous said...

Same Goal, Different Tack
Activists want politicians to sound like them, but that's not always the way to get things done.
Hey, you have a very informative blog here! Great job. I have a internet dating services site. It pretty much covers internet dating services related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

NewsGator acquires NetNewsWire
RSS platform company NewsGator Technologies on Tuesday announced the acquisition of popular Macintosh RSS reader NetNewsWire .
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

Anonymous said...

VNU Takes Gizmodo into Europe
Nick Denton writes in that VNU and Gawker Media have struck a licensing deal that will take Gizmodo into Europe with an eye towards becoming the ultimate European destination for everything gadget, gizmo, and ...
Great blog. I run a home furnishings site. It's a guide to quality home furnishings, apparel and gift sites around the web. Stop by sometime!

Anonymous said...

Your Blog. It's nice . Here's a subject that interests many; eliminate manic depression. It's some insight into dealing with eliminate manic depression.

Sonny M.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have FREE leads for your business. Hey, these are free for the asking. All you need to do is visit my website.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about penile extenders. It pretty much covers penile extenders and other similar topics available.

Anonymous said...

Creating and promoting your own Podcast
Posted on Wednesday, October 05 2005 @ 05:31:16 CEST by LSDsmurf The TechZone has posted a Step-by-Step Guide to Making and Promoting Your Own Podcast Think of it like an audio blog; a podcast is a recorded ...
Enjoy ‘n have fun,

Don

I have a ways to make money site/blog. It pretty much covers ways to make money related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)