Thursday, August 03, 2006

Husky Rescue / Elanors / Sugoi live @ Turf Club 8/2/06

Had my dentists appointment today. I'm happy to report that the feeling on the left side of my face has returned. Oh how I love you Novocaine...

Last night's show was excellent. Local boys Sugoi opened around 10pm and were ok. I liked the music but the vocals were only so-so. The were followed by Chicago's Elanors. They were really good, sounding like a mixture between Radiohead and Rufus Wainwright. Great stuff... I bought both of their CDs so I'll post a couple of sample tunes here soon. Husky Rescue went on around midnight and sounded just as spectacular live as they do on record. Really amazing how they produce that type of sound with real instruments.

I had a great time hanging out with the members of Elanors, Husky Rescue, and Beth from Minty Fresh. Such nice people...

Related Sites:

Husky Rescue Website / MySpace
Elanors Website / MySpace
Sugoi MySpace
Minty Fresh Website / MySpace

And here are a few photos and Flickr links:

Husky Rescue: Flickr photos / slideshow









Elanors: Flickr photos / slideshow







Sugoi: Flickr photos / slideshow



Gotta' cruise... Off to Raconteurs I go.

mp3: Eels - Novocaine For The Soul

- Steve

No comments: