Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Raconteurs live mp3s


(Photo courtesy of Lollapalooza)

I'm excited, I can actually help out a reader who emailed me last week:

Hey man-

Just saw your site and couldn't agree with you more concerning the Raconteurs show at 1st Ave in Minneapolis...BEST. THING. EVER. Absolutely loved it. My ears were still ringing Friday night!!!!

Anyways, do you have any idea how to get a live copy of that show??? I would LOVE to have one and can't find anything on the internet. I'd love to buy one, but I doubt they're doing that ala Pearl Jam.

Let me know if you know how to get a decent quality recording from this show. It was an instant classic.

Thanks!
Drew

Well Drew, while I haven't found a recording of the First Avenue performance, I did find a recording of their 8/4/06 Lollapalooza set.

The whole thing is available for download as individual mp3s on the excellent Minneapolis-based music blog Culture Bully. I just discovered the site myself and really dig it. Chris also has a review of the First Avenue show and lots of other goodies. Do check it out...

Enjoy,
- Steve

No comments: