Friday, July 08, 2005

Happy Birthday Randy! Etc...


Last update for the week here...

  • Happy Birthday to band-mate Randy (pictured above)!!! ...Technically not until tomorrow, 7/9/05, but let me be the first to congratulate him. I'm looking forward to your BBQ birthday party tomorrow... Yes also, he's the only member on this site currently who really was a rock 'n' roll star for a while...

  • Speaking of band members, Queenvick is in the 48 Hour Film Festival this weekend in NYC. She has some experience with this one as she's done the Boston event a couple of times... Hopefully she'll grace us with a post about the event next week...

  • Not sure what band member Anglophiliac is up to this weekend. I'm just happy to hear that his "rock 'n' roll cat" is doing better.

  • Band member, Rock 'n' Roll Dog is currently busy wondering who "rock 'n' roll cat" is...

As for other interesting news:

  • I've increased my presence on the world-wide-web! You can now also access this site by going to www.therocknrollstar.com! It's a lot easier to refer people to this domain (obviously), so feel free to do so! Also, my sister site (note, not my sister's site) is www.sengelmayer.com. This site will be used to post photo galleries, and things for my "normal" self, like my resume for example. That site is still under construction at the moment...

  • I've talked about Live8 probably too much on this site lately, so hopefully this will be the last of it. In case you don't feel like sitting in front of the TV for 10 hours tomorrow... this site is really cool as it's lets you view and download (yes, download, not stream) pretty much all the performances (Quicktime, .mov format). It says on the site that it's "technically not illegal", however, I'm sure once AOL finds out about it, it will be gone (at least that's my guess). So check it out while you still can... I just downloaded "Bittersweet Symphony", absolutely brilliant...

  • Speaking of large time music events. Both the "T in the Park" festival (Scotland) and "Oxegen" festival (Ireland) start tomorrow. Check out the sites... Too many great bands... It would be a really tough descision to choose who to watch (especially T in the park)... For all the latest from both events check out the NME 2005 festivals site.

  • As you may remember from my post on 6/27/05, I saw the NYC band Longwave on 6/24/05 @ First Avenue in Minneapolis. Of course I was too lazy to give a full review of the event! Turns out they just recently played in NYC, Bowery Ballroom, filter magazine was kind enough to do a detailed review. The pictures I took at the show here are way better however... check the June archive...

  • The best rock n roll city in the world, Manchester, England, has a pretty cool site. Check out the "round for dinner" poll... Liam Gallagher is pretty popular, my choice would be Noel, however. Except for Pete and Kate of course!

  • For those of you in the US. Coca Cola is currently airing commercials for "Coca Cola Zero", I guess a new soft-drink of theirs (haven't tried it). Funny thing is... it uses the song "I'd like to teach the world to sing"... This tune/jingle was also used in Europe in the early 90's! Noel Gallagher, of Oasis, openly admitted he ripped off this tune to write "Shakermaker" on their classic debut album "Definitely Maybe". Listen to it, you can definitely tell! Funny how I can use knowledge from 11 years ago sometimes, yet I can't remember much of yesterday...

  • Scheduled for next week... good stuff, I tell you! I've got a good "website of the week" lined up, we'll get to "offical" welcomes of band members Anglophiliac and Randy, blogger facts, and hopefully a lot of other goodies. I shall ponder this weekend while reading "The World is Flat" by Thomas L. Friedman... I know it's tough to believe that I would read an actual book...

OK kids, I'm all done for this week! I think I gave you enough to read for a while. I hope all of you have a great weekend!

P.S. Grüße an die Familie in Österreich!

No comments: