Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Show me some G-Love?!

It's been a very slow news days here today, both personally, and on the rock n roll side. However, here are a few highlights from today:

  • I found out the new Coca-Cola Zero song, "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing", is a re-worked version by "G-Love and Special Sauce", seriously!. I guess everybody has to pay the bills... See my post from Friday, 7/8/05 why I bring this up again... Yes, of course I relates to Oasis!

  • For those locals of you who can't get enough of MN festivals... there's the upcoming "Aquatennial". Pretty pathetic lineup music wise... but then what do you expect? Mike Doughty would be the only one on my list... I guess, Howie Day could be bearable should you be on the right "medication"...

  • You can check out new videos on NME for the following artists (among others) and songs at the moment. Since it's tough to catch a "real" video on MTV now-a-days, I suggest you check it out while you can:

NineInchNails - Only
Oasis - The Importance of Being Idle
Babyshambles - Fuck Forever
Towers of London - Fuck It Up
Bright Eyes - Easy/Lucky/Free
Weezer - We Are All On Drugs

  • Check out this local's blog. He just recently returned from the UK, and has first-hand accounts of the London terrorist attacks and the Oxegen festival in Ireland, in addition to a lot of other things... Yes, he's also the editor of "howwastheshow.com"...

  • Last, but not least, Rock Snob had this story today... Check out Tom Cruise's blog... Yeah, it's fake... but also fucking brilliant and funny!

I'm off to make some home-made pizzas and watch "Rescue Me" on FX.... If you're not watching this show yet, you're missing out!


No comments: