Thursday, July 28, 2005

Is it Friday yet?

Well, the first day of being a non-smoker went reasonably well... I was delusional only a couple of times, luckily only once while I was driving(?)... So I guess that's really not that different from when I was smoking, now that I think of it... Hopefully you understand what I'm saying, it was tough, but I managed...

As I didn't make it to the big show @ First Avenue tonight, I decided to take Ringo, aka Rock n roll dog, for a really long walk around Long Lake this evening instead. This gigantic lake/park is located about 5 minutes from my house... then again we have 10,000 lakes here in Minnesota, so I'm probably never more than 5 minutes away from a lake. Let's just say Ringo had a great time... it was a really beautiful evening...

As my brain is re-adjusting to getting this much oxygen delivered to it on a daily basis, I'm afraid this is a very brief post.


  • Pleeeeeease MSN, remove that fucking gigantic "Lamisil" fungal nail infection advertisement from your home-page!!! It better be gone tomorrow, 7/28/05... Disgusting!
  • The Go! Team will be playing live @ First Avenue, 10/28/05, for the rest of their tour dates you can click here.
  • Music Festivals are finally getting popular in the US, I think... Check out the VooDoo Music Festival lineup, which is held in New Orleans 10/29 - 10/30/05 (over Halloween weekend, spooky!). Not too shabby...
  • In Pitchfork's download area, you can find an mp3 of Bob Mould's new song "Paralyzed", as well as trailer of Minnesota indie band "Low" in Europe. Both are pretty average in my opinion...
  • Check out the You Ain't No Picasso blog for an excellent mp3 collection of "Now that's what I call Indie Covers". Very cool!
  • NME's video section has some great new ones. Kaiser Chiefs (re-released "I Predict A Riot"), Bloc-Party, Magic Numbers, etc... Check 'em out.

Speaking of "riot". If I don't go to bed here soon, I predict a riot tomorrow at work... a riot of 1 that is! Cheers out!

No comments: