Thursday, December 08, 2005

Coldplay on Conan O'Brien 12/7/05 (take 2)

So for some reason my previous post on this topic got lost; may have had something to do with my PC crashing this morning...

Did you catch Coldplay on Conan O'Brien last night? Wow, I'm happy I stayed up to watch it. What a classic performance. The band performed "Talk" during which Chris Martin climbed into the audience. For their 2nd tune Chris Martin sang "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" solo on piano, with Conan himself joining in for the 2nd verse. Conan was singing in his "high voice" and was wearing this really cheesy Christmas sweater. At this point I was rolling on the floor laughing... One of the funniest live-music things I've seen since witnessing OK-Go's performance of "A Million Ways" when they opened up for Kaiser Chiefs.

Luckily I taped the whole performance... If you missed it, you can probably find a rip of it on somebody's blog really soon.

Update: See I told you! You can download the Coldplay performance here:

wmv: Coldplay - Talk (follow link)
wmv: Coldplay - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (follow link)

mp3: Coldplay - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (another link here)

Speaking of bands that are experiencing "indie backlash"... Are we liking the new leaked Strokes album "First Impressions of Earth"??? I think it's really good; "Ize of the World" is one of the best tunes they've ever done. Then again, I haven't really listened to it enough... more to come on the album in a later post.

Back to work...

2 comments:

Steve said...

Solace:

Absolutely agree on the "Vision of Divison". Brilliant tune...

It's funny everybody hates "15 Minutes". I've loved that song ever since it leaked... Maybe it's coz' the beginning reminds me of Shane from The Pogues...

Thanks for the comments!

Pedropolis said...

Any chance you have a copy of this performance? My wife was in the audience and we lost our version.

Thank you!