Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hockey Night

Hockey Night

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm checking out local band Hockey Night @ Turf Club tonight. Therefore, I figured I'd do a quick post on them.

This five-piece (featuring dual drummers) just finished a well publicized live trek through Europe with Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. The press from the tour has been very good to say the least. Here's a recent live review and more info on the band.

I've sampled a few of their tunes over the past couple of days. I really like what I've heard of them so far. I'll definitely be picking up their new album Keep Guessin' at the gig tonight.

Here are a few samples of their "ecclectic indie rock":

mp3: Hockey Night - For Guys' Eyes Only
mp3: Hockey Night - This Peaceful Year
mp3: Hockey Night - Cooperation

You can find more mp3s, videos, and other interesting things on their website.

Band Website: www.hockeynightmusic.com
MySpace: www.myspace.com/hockeynight
LookOutRecords: www.lookoutrecords.com

You can purchase their new album Keep Guessin' for only $10 here.

If you're not convinced yet... Here's what Filter Magazine had to say about the band:

"The best thing to come out of Minneapolis since Prince."

No comments: