Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hockey Night Pics / JWL / etc...

Hockey Night live @ Turf Club 12/6/05

All photos from the Hockey Night gig here. Slideshow here.

Instead of the usual crappy post about a band I saw, I figured I'd give you the pictures first. For once I'm not trying to quickly sum up a show by writing any of the following: "amazing", "brilliant", "fucking awesome", "totally blew me away", etc. You know what I'm getting at, right? Even though, they'd accurately sum up yet another gig. Instead, I'm trying to write a proper review of the gig for a change (to come soon)... Hopefully that's not one of my (yet again) empty blogger promises. In the meanwhile check out the HowWasTheShow review from March 26, 2004.

Tomorrow, 12/8/05, marks the the 25th anniversary of John Winston Lennon's life being taken... A very sad day in world history. "Imagine" what life would be like with him around. Here's a tune which I think properly describes his early years with The Beatles:

mp3: The Beatles - Slow Down

A proper John Lennon post to come tomorrow.

I'm tired... Hockey Night didn't come on-stage until 12:30am last night! I didn't go to bed until like 4am. I need to get some rest. Talk to you tomorrow!

P.S. Anybody have an extra Spoon ticket for me tomorrow??? Email me if you do. I'll be willing to part with some serious $$$ (not that serious, though) to attend...

P.P.S. I read a lot (and I mean a LOT) of music blogs. Quite a few have this at the end: "np" and then an album name and link... I finally figured out it stands for "now playing"... Yeah, I'm a dumbass like that; can't believe it took me this long to figure that out. So I think I'll publish what I was listening to when I wrote this...

np: The 88 - Over And Over

No comments: