Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Weekend in review







All photos from the weekend and wedding here.
Slideshow here.

Burrrrrr, I'm so cold! I've returned from the "hotspot" tourist destination of Fargo, North Dakota, only to find the the same freezing weather here in Minnesota. Enough of the complaining, here's what I was up-to the last few days:


  • Friday morning, bright and early, around 6am I picked up my sister Victoria at the airport, who arrived from LA. Welcome back to Minnesota Vick! She swears every time she visits is one of the coldest periods here in the state. Judging by the weather, she's absolutely correct.
  • After a period of rest we headed up to Fargo with my Mom & Dad. Speed limits were broken, and we arrived in 3.5 hours. We made good time!
  • We "chilled" (literally) that night. Getting ready for my cousin Melanie's wedding...
  • The wedding didn't start until Saturday ~ 5pm; so my Dad, sister, and I decided to go sight-seeing in Fargo. Did I mention it was damn (bloody) @#$% cold? Well, luckily, in Fargo, sight-seeing only involves 3 blocks... and we were somewhat happy about that. Most the time was spent at a local coffee shop, actually.
  • The Wedding. Excellent, very sweet ceremony. I actually enjoyed not being in the wedding party for a change! One duty I did get assigned... I was "Paparazzi" at the wedding reception as my cousin Abby (amateur photographer) was in the wedding party (and the other photographer was ill)... Ahhhh, I loved it! Shooting with a Canon Rebel XT was absolutely amazing! I wish I'd have something of that caliber for my live-shows... This is one of the reasons I don't really have a lot of pictures of the reception on my camera. Hope the shots I took for you Abby (like 300) turned out! They belong in a gallery near you!???
  • As with all weddings, the best part is seeing family and friends you haven't seen in a while. So I'd like to say "Hi!" to all of you who I hung out with (and maybe even gave this website address to). It was a pleasure and I'll miss you...
  • Congratulations again to Melanie & Tom, the happy couple! They're on a cruise of the Caribbean right now, so I'm pretty sure they have better things to do than to check my lonely ol' blog...
  • No offense to anybody, but the DJ at the wedding absolutely sucked! He played the a-typical wedding tunes... I did not even inquire to do my "guest DJ set"...
  • Sunday we headed back. As much as I enjoyed my 2nd trip to Fargo this year, I was happy to be back in Mpls/St. Paul. I missed my dog Ringo. Thanks Randy (my bro) and Jenn for taking care of all of our animals for the weekend!
  • You may be wondering... Did Mr. Rock 'n' roll star get lucky at the wedding??? Sorry, that's classified! I'm giving you way too much information on my private life already...

Bloggin' for the rest of the week will be sporadic as my sis is here. Hockey Night later today, though...

No comments: