Thursday, December 22, 2005

No, I will not fix your computer



I need one of those shirts! And I know at least 3 other people who do...

I really thought I could get me Holiday Newsletter out today or tomorrow. It's not looking good... Instead, I spent hours trying to fix one of my co-worker's home PCs. Thou shallt not use AOL, ok! I cannot tell you how much AOL (and most other dial-up services) screw up your computer. If there's one request I have... please, please, everybody switch to a broadband connection! And get rid of your regular phone land-line too... old fashioned, don't you think?!!!

While I was working on 2 computers at the same time, I had music going on my main PC. Here's some cool stuff I like that came up during a random mix, and I'll explain why:

mp3: Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone (Jason Nevins Club mix)
I seriously didn't even know I had that one! One of the great "pop" tunes of the year though, so I figured I'd post it. You know I like good "pop" by now, right? I'm not Pitchfork, you know...

mp3: Kings of Leon - The Bucket
Damn (I mean "Fuck"), I missed these guys live twice this year! Absolutely love this song and their album Aha Shake Heartbreak.

mp3: Adam Green - What A Waster (The Libertines Cover)
If you've ever wondered what the lyrics are to this song... Now you can sing along.

mp3: The Go! Team - The Ice Storm
Once the vocals kick in, this song really takes off...

2 comments:

c said...

i saw kings of leon open for u2 in seattle, and eddie vedder came out and played tambourine during the encore. so they've got some high-ranking fans...

ps - will you fix my computer? ;=)

Steve said...

C:

You is funny...

Thanks for the comment and Merry Christmas!