Friday, August 12, 2005

Indiana Tom, etc.

I'm having one of those nights today... Got home on Thursday with so many ambitions and planned activities. Ordered and picked up a pizza (my Thursday-night special for $7.99), ate and watched a little TV. Fell asleep on my couch around 8pm (I think) and woke up... NOW (12:30am)!!! Does that ever happen to you? Crazy shit I have to say... I guess I was over-tired! This means I should be well-rested for Friday and the weekend!

Again this weekend, more friends from various places are visiting. Most notably, Thomas and his girlfriend Veronika, from Austria! They are in town Saturday visiting from the great (?) state of Indiana where Thomas is doing some "guest" work for a technology firm. Did I mention I grew up with this guy in Vienna and haven't seen him in about 13 years? Did I mention they're staying at my house? Did I mention I should probably clean my house and wash sheets for them? For the last thing, I should probably get on that, huh? Well, I still have about 24 hours... Lots of time! Thomas has a cool blog as well, called (what else) IndianaTom's, check it out. Looking forward to seeing you Thomas and Veronika!

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Stoppel, who are celebrating their 50th (!!!) wedding anniversary this Saturday. I'm looking forward to attending their party this coming Saturday afternoon. I wish you another 50 years of Happiness!

For a change I'll try to make it out to an actual live concert this weekend! I've been going through a serious dry spell here lately... It will either be Melodious Owl's CD release party on Friday @ First Avenue or Har Mar Superstar on Saturday (part of the Pizza Luce block party). Pictures and event reviews to come...

One piece of music news... Ex-localites, The Hold Steady (pictured above) have announced new tour dates, they'll be playing First Avenue on Sunday, 10/30/05, for other tour dates click here. In case you're not familiar with the band you can download a couple of mp3s here.

I'm off to install this 200GB hard-drive into my PC here... Hopefully all will work as planned. If you don't hear from me later on, have a great weekend!

P.S. You can now stream the 8/11/05 live performances of The Secret Machines and Kings of Leon on NPR!

P.P.S. Check out this 1980's training video from Wendy's (Quicktime)... 1985, rap style! Enjoy...

No comments: