Friday, August 12, 2005

Vienna - Day Three

Again, here's my daily report from the frontline of Rock'n'Roll stars cradle...
Alright, today I did maaany unmanly things... I have to confess:

1. My fiancee and I went to the Hofburg and visited the Sissi museum.... DAMN chicky stuff....
I liked the part when Sissi got killed, though... gimme the action ;)

2. Next to the Sissi museum (which included an exhibition about every single plate, fork and knife the Habsburger monarchy ever had, huuu) there happens to be the "Wiener Hofreitschule" aka Spanish Riding School.... of course, being the chick-understander I am, we went into that thing as well... Sadly the horses were on vacation... puhh :)

3. On the back side of the Hofreitschule / Hofburg, the complete Armageddon was close.... STARBUCKS... Steve will probably fall off his chair right now with seizures, never mind, wait for the "Prater"-story...

After those unmanly things I thought it would be good to pick up some testesterone again and we went off to unravel the secrets of the so-called Bermuda triangle in Vienna... Actually, being a suggestion of the Rock'n'Roll Star, this place turned out really cool.... even though hard to find :).
We finally asked a cab-driver. This guy reacted a little bit strange / confused so I at first feared that the "Triangle" has changed into the red-light district while Steve lived abroad... for god's sake it didn't and we had a really fine lunch at the KrahKrah bar... (didn't pick up 15 french chicks, though ;) ). All in all: Bermuada triangle is strongly recommendable...

Leaving the triangle in the afternoon, we returned to Vienna after a short rest in our hotel and went off to the Prater in the evening...
Pretty nice, the restaurant "Schweitzerhaus" is crazy... they probably make millions with that place... The biggest "Haxn" I've ever seen...
For the non Germans / Austrians between us: "Haxn" are baked pig's feet! Yes, we Europeans really eat that and you Americans would also do it, trust in me...)
One tough fact about the prater: The giant ferris wheel is of course old, beautiful and stuff BUT: they take 7,50 EURO per person for admittance.... that's f$&$ing crazy.... I mean... It's only one ride... takes about 5 mins... They know how to make money with that thing...

The rest of the prater is like any other amusement park / fair in the world so... nice place to hang out a little while...

Ahhh... before I forget: Steve.... sit down firmly on your chair now.... grab something and put some rod between your teeth for the seizures that will come now: They have a MC'DONALDS "Bude" at the Prater... Armageddon calls...

Ok... After we had enough "Prater" for one evening, we returned to the "Triangle" for some more beer (BUDVAR, of course) and closed our day at the "Bermuda Bräu" bar, corner KrahKrah...

That's it... today we will most probably do that little bicycle ride along the Donau island....

Cheers, BronxByNight and MissiBronx out...

2 comments:

Steve said...

Mr BronxByNight and MissiBronx,

Great updates, as always! Sounds like you're having a great time... I'm pretty jealous!

You're setting the bar pretty high for me with your daily updates... should I ever go on vacation somewhere again!

Have fun @ Donau Insel tomorrow!

Steve said...

I mean, have fun (or hope you had fun) @ Donau Insel today... I'm out of it... Is it day or night? Coz I have no idea...