Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Ode to Minneapolis/St. Paul

Today was my first day I really went through withdrawal symptoms from quitting smoking. Very weird this happened on day 6... Never-the-less, I'll suck it up like Pete Doherty, here's some stuff on interest for you:

A fairly unknown band, seeking publicity, called something like "Coldplay" has released their new video called "Fix You". You can check it out @ coldplay.com. These guys just need a hit on the radio and I swear they'll make it big! When I first watched the video it reminded my a lot of the walking in "Yellow"... then it goes into their live gig from Bolton, England. You can read the NME post when the video was filmed here (I can't believe I remembered this). Also, in case you don't know where Bolton, England is, go here.

A big shout out to Toronto, Canada! I'm glad to hear everybody on flight 358 from Paris is ok... A good day for Rock Snob, Babyshambles re-united, plus the happy ending in Toronto... I love her site so check it out (daily)...

Speaking of Rock Snob, you should check out Dodge, aka My Old Kentucky Blog for: 1) Posting awesome mp3's on a daily basis; 2) Austin City Limits - for giving me a shout out!; 3) Excellent coverage of Minneapolis bands and mp3's. Plus, he's going to ACL so we'll have to hang...

Now that I've mentioned Rock Snob and Dodge, I should probably mention "The Fresh Young MikeyD", completing the love-triangle between the three sites/blog-lovers! Again, another excellent site! Amazing job this guy did while Rock Snob was in Europe (does that sound like "Yoda"?)...

Heads up to the Modern Age! Ryan Adams finally plays a Bryan Adams Song... sad, actually?!

Since I missed these guys last Friday, Village Voice's review of Teenage Fanclub in NYC.

Courtesy of CityPages, here's the link that goes with the picture above.

Who is worse (please comment): The Killers or The Bravery? (Personally I vote for the Killers)

Six Feet Under may be the Best Show On TV in my opinion! Visit Stereogum for the latest, as I don't want to give anything away. The Sopranos has a lot to live up-to after this...

Industrial music doesn't have to always be loud and hard. You can download/view industrial non-loud-non-hard-stuff here.

Did you know a new blog appears on-line every second? Crazy shit, read more about it.

And just 'coz I'm from Austria: Llamas Scare Drivers on Austria Highway.

Rock n roll dog is very happy about this, and I totally agree!

The Fiery Furnaces announce their new album track-listing and tour dates. Yeah, Minneapolis is in there for a change...

I updated the local concert calendar! I have so much more stuff to come (RSS feed, ATOM Feed, etc.) I'm updating the site a lot more in the next few days so please stick with me!

4 comments:

Steve said...

Ashelee,

aka."A Down Ass Chick"

I appreciate your comments, however...

what???? thoughts??? Salad???

I'm totally confused!!!

I just quit smoking so I'm totally fucked up...

Steve said...

Mr. Anonymous,

I tried out your link... I don't really get it... Please verify, and re-submit! Playstatition 3, I don't even have #2, or #1....

Steve said...

Mr. Anoymous,

Thanks for the comments... Unfortunately I'm too busy listening to Louis XIV and hanging out with chicks to even think about video games...

OK, at least the video games part is true?!!!

Valerie said...

THANKS BABE!!!!