Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Vienna - Day One

Post from the "frontline" of Rock'n'Roll star, day one:

Damn.... this is fu*%*ing big here..... where ever we go.... history everywhere... pretty amazing....
By now we're sitting in our hotel lobby, so I can't really upload any pictures... so here's a little oral description of day one:

1. Made it finally to kind of understand the Vienna public transportation system.... It's more like Vegas... You throw a lot of bucks in a michine and all you get is a little slice of paper back... :)

2. Exited at the opera.... whow... big... amazing...

3. Made a little "tour-by-foot" to the Stefansdom... Really nice town here.... I like the style.... As Rock'n'Roll Star would say.... the old with the very old.... pretty fancy....

4. Discovered the first Starbucks coffee shop in Vienna....

5. Discovered Subway... Food source secured (Still have to figure out if they have a Wiener-Schnitzel sub here, though :)

6. Made our way by food through the museums quarter to the parliement and stuff.... I love it here...

7. Started a sightseeing tour by bus and finally made it to Sissi's home (Schloss Schönbrunn)... It's almost like "girls gone wild" when the chicks see that place the first time.... Taking off their clothes and stuff... ;) (Ok, almost)... I thought:
DAMN: That's some decent place to live... I like the garden even though I wouldn't want to be the gardener....

8. Back from the Schloss to the city, we had some nice dinner in front of that amazing "Rathaus" (city council) and then figured our way back to our hotel through the public transportation...

Summing it all together:
Just incredible cool here.... a great place to live.... Nina and I already filed four Austrian citizenship... :)
Pictures follow.... Cheers.... BronxByNight and his incredible Miss Bronx (who thinks that my nickname is complete rubbish... :) )

2 comments:

Steve said...

Excellent updates Mr. Jan!!! Very funny, yet informative... Looking forward to those pictures. I'll be posting where to go after 8pm for you this evening...

I'm happy to hear you like my home-town! Greetings to Miss Bronx, hope she's doing well!

Starbucks in Vienna!!!!??? Ahhhhhh, the world is coming to an end soon, isn't it!???

Steve said...

Damn,

I wish I was there to show you around...